We're always accepting applications for jobs in our retail store — especially around the holidays. Below is a short description of the position. If you're interested in applying, just send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Retail Sales Associate," along with a resume and cover letter. No calls, please — we're terrible at checking our messages.
Position title: Sales associate
Department: Store and mobile operations
To provide excellent customer service while also representing the unique nature of the brand. The sales associate is responsible for creating and maintaining a culturally rich and positive atmosphere in the retail store and at all mobile operations.
Essential Job Functions (listing most important first):
- 1. Greet customers and address their needs. Be able to answer their questions and/or concerns by utilizing the resources available. Make every customer feel welcome and at ease.
- 2. Able to correctly describe every product and service that Oaklandish offers (and know where to direct people for further information). Can up-sell based on product knowledge
- 3. Demonstrate proper cash handling (able to use POS system correctly, receive/process cash and credit/debit cards, record items on exceptions log if necessary)
- 4. Able to use store communications binder effectively (checking daily for updates). Able to ask for clarification from managers in an appropriate manner when necessary.
- 5. Keep store organized and tidy (including cash wrap area and open area
Essential Job Requirements:
Experience: At least 2 years customer service experience, knowledge of sales principles
Required skills: Clear communication, customer service oriented, adaptable, takes initiative, shows integrity
Preferred skills: Passion for Oakland and supporting local artists/organizations
Physical requirements: Must be able to lift 40lbs
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.